This kitchen is the stuff of fantasies. Not so much how it’s finished or the gorgeous natural light. Mostly because it’s clean and clear of clutter! In my kitchen, every surface seems to collect a pile of mail or dishes or random junk!
It’s time for spring cleaning in a big way! I scrubbed my cabinet fronts, stove top, and even the shelves of my refrigerator, with this fresh smelling and all natural cleaner I made myself!
The recipe is adapted from Tsh’s all-purpose household cleaner in her book, Organized Simplicity: The Clutter-Free Approach to Intentional Living, a handy resource for spring cleaning if there ever was one.
Lemon-Scented Home Surface Cleaner.
Making your own cleaning supplies is cheaper than buying them, healthier for you, and better for the environment. Get started with this simple all-purpose cleaner and you’ll have your kitchen smelling fresh in no time.
• 1/4 cup vinegar, preferably white
• 2 Tablespoons baking soda
• 4 cups of hot water
• Juice from half a lemon
• Rind from the lemon
1. Mix the vinegar, water and baking soda in a four-cup bucket.
2. Add the lemon juice and then the rind to add the proper lemon components.
3. Stir to let the baking soda dissolve.
4. All it to cool off and then remove the lemon rind.
5. Add all ingredients into your own squeeze bottle.